Hymen hymne is a choreographic and musical piece for 5 performers, based on my desire to keep on embodying marginal, hybrid figures.
Beyond witchcraft, this project calls the witch as a potential, a social construction. The witch as the one who is qualified, or self-proclamed, the one who is banished or chooses to live at the margin, the one who is deviant, dangerous, the one who takes care of the dark, and re-appropriate its body to hex the established order.
Inspired by the ecofeminist movement born at the end of the 70's in the USA, and by the resurgence of the figure of the witch as a symbol of subversion, Hymen hymne will be a form of talking, dancing, singing piece, at the intersection of documentary work and magic ritual.
- Conception | Nina Santes
- Making | Soa de Muse, Nanyadji Ka-Gara, Nina Santes, Betty Tchomanga, Lise Vermot
- Light design | Annie Leuridan
- Vocal coaching | Jean-Baptiste Veyret-Logerias, Olivier Normand
- Artistic collaborator | Lynda Rahal
- Documentary research | In collaboration with Camille Ducellier
- Duration 50 mn
- Production | La Fronde
- Coproduction | Le Phare/Centre chorégraphique national du Havre Haute Normandie, Le Musée de la Danse/Centre chorégraphique national de Rennes, CDC Atelier de Paris-Carolyn Carlson, CCNO/Centre chorégraphique national d'Orléans, Fonds de dotation du Quartz-Scène nationale de Brest
- Support | Théâtre des Brigittines, Bruxelles
- 24 january 2018
Premiere at the Festival Pharenheit, Centre Chorégraphique National du Havre en Haute Normandie (France)
- 6 to 10 february 2018
ADC Genève, Festival Antigel (Switzerland)
- 15 to 17 february 2018
CDC Atelier de Paris - Carolyn Carlson, Paris - Vincennes (France)
- 14 to 17 mars 2018
Festival DañsFabrik, Le Quartz, Scène Nationale de Brest (France)